Key Account Manager
Job Description: Keyport, LLC is seeking a National Account Manager. The National Account Manager is a key role within Keyport LLC. In this role, you will be both a customer advocate and responsible for meeting sales & profitability targets. You will be responsible for driving Keyport products to national wholesale, retail and restaurant chains. This position reports to the Vice President of Sales & Marketing.
Who We are: Keyport, LLC is a dynamic, family owned business that is a leading producer and supplier of seafood products from around the world, best-known for its top-rated crab production and distribution. Keyport continues to grow the company by developing creative new business ventures as well as through acquisitions, new product development and new channels to market.
To Apply: Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Meets with current customers to drive sales, increase account revenue, profitability and meet sales targets.
- Prospect and cold-call potential new customers, deliver presentations, negotiate pricing and coordinate on-boarding of new customers.
- Partners with other internal departments (Credit, Sales Support, Production Management, Logistics) to efficiently and accurately conduct sales transactions.
- Meet & exceed company sales growth and margin objectives by promoting and selling company products. (Branded/Private Label & Commodity/Value Added) through grocery/mass merchandise retailers, wholesalers and distributors.
- Evaluate and identify “account specific” new product opportunities.
- Represent customer feedback and present sales reports to management on a weekly basis
- 25-30% travel required.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications
- Education: AA degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience: Minimum of 2 year national grocery chain and wholesale sales experience. Seafood knowledge a plus.
- Knowledge and Skills:
- Intermediate level proficiency in Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Requires excellent time management skills, and written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail, ability to multi-task, and ability to effectively prioritize tasks in a fast paced work environment.
- Requires professional demeanor for constant interaction with numerous internal and external contacts.
- Demonstrated use and skills for online CRM products.